PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, INCLUDING THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT REQUIRING MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION SET FORTH IN SECTION 12. BY ACCESSING THE SITE OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT TO TOCAYA THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE.
We may modify these Terms at any time by any means of notice deemed to be reasonable under the circumstances, in our sole discretion, including by posting the revised version to the Site or any Application, as applicable (each a “Revised Version”) on the Site. Any Revised Version will be effective as of the time it is posted or otherwise communicated to you, but no Revised Version will apply retroactively. Your continued use of the Service after you receive any such notification of a Revised Version constitutes your acceptance of such Revised Version. PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK THE SITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS
- Capacity to Agree
By agreeing to these Terms, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use the Service.
- Our Products
- Products. The Service enables Tocaya to offer, to you and other users, various food, beverage, apparel, and other related products (collectively, the “Products“). The Products advertised or otherwise made available for purchase via the Service or any Third-Party Service are determined solely by Tocaya. We reserve the right to modify, discontinue, suspend or otherwise limit the sales of any of our Products to any person, based on geographic region, jurisdiction, availability or otherwise, and you acknowledge that we may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. Tocaya will have no liability to you or to any third party for any such modification, discontinuation, suspension, limitation or unavailability of any Products.
- Product Pricing. Any Product pricing listed on any part of the Service or any Third-Party Service (each defined below) is subject to change without notice to you. Tocaya reserves the right to, at any time, modify such pricing, for any Product, without advance notice to you. We will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification.
You acknowledge and agree that the availability of any Applications is dependent on the third party from whom you received the Application license (e.g., the Apple iTunes or Google Play app stores) (each an “App Store“). You further acknowledge that these Terms are between you and Tocaya and not with any applicable App Store. Tocaya, not such App Store, is solely responsible for its own Application, with applicable third parties responsible for any such third party Applications, the content thereof, and the maintenance, support services, and warranty, if any, therefor, and for addressing any claims relating thereto (e.g., products liability claims, legal compliance or intellectual property infringement). In order to use any Application, you must have access to a wireless network, and you agree to pay all fees associated with such access. You also agree to pay all fees (if any) charged by the App Store in connection with the Service, including the Application. You agree to comply with, and your license to use the Application is conditioned upon your compliance with, all applicable third-party terms of agreement (e.g., the App Store’s terms and policies) when using any part of the Service, including the Application. You acknowledge that the App Store (and its subsidiaries) are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms and will have the right to enforce them. By using the Application, you also agree to the Terms and Conditions for Tocaya App and Rewards Program.
- Third-Party Services, Links, and Materials.
- Third-Party Services. We may provide you with access, via the Service, to certain tools and services provided by third parties, including any Delivery Services (defined below) (each a “Third-Party Service”). You acknowledge that we neither monitor nor have any control over any Third-Party Service and agree that your use of any Third-Party Services offered through the Service is entirely at your own risk and discretion. You should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms and conditions upon which such Third-Party Services are provided by the relevant third-party provider (“Third-Party Terms”). Any Third-Party Service to which we provide you access, whether via a hyperlink provided via the Service, is provided by Tocaya “as is” and “as available,” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement by us. Tocaya will have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of any Third-Party Services.
- Third-Party Links; Third-Party Materials. We may, via hyperlinks provided through the Service (“Third-Party Links”), provide you with the ability to access certain third-party websites and content owned or offered by third-parties (“Third-Party Materials”). Any Third-Party Links you click on via the Service may direct you to Third-Party Materials that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of, and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for, any Third-Party Materials. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of any goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any Third-Party Links or Third-Party Materials. Please review carefully the applicable third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any such transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding any Third-Party Services, Third-Party Links, or Third-Party Materials should be directed to the applicable third party.
- Third-Party Services, Links, and Materials.
- User Comments. You may be provided the ability to upload to the Service or otherwise submit to Tocaya, with or without our request, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise, certain content, including feedback, recommendations, reviews, suggestions, proposals, plans, creative ideas or other materials, whether your original content or that of a third party (collectively, “User Comments”). You agree that Tocaya may use User Comments without restriction at any time, including but not limited to editing, copying, publishing, distributing, or translating such User Comments, in any form or medium. Tocaya is and will be under no obligation to (1) maintain any User Comments in confidence; (2) pay compensation to you or any third party for use of any User Comments; or (3) respond to any User Comments.
- User Content. You represent and warrant to Tocaya that any PII or User Comments (collectively, the “User Content”) you upload to the Service or otherwise submit to Tocaya will not violate any right of any third-party, including any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right or any privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right of a third party. You further agree that any such User Content will not contain any libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of any part of the Service. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any User Content. You are solely responsible for the truthfulness and accuracy of any User Content you provide via the Service, and Tocaya disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any such User Content.
- Copyright Policy
The Tocaya.Com website (“Site”) and its associated Application, Service, and content are © 2022 Tocaya Organica, LLC d/b/a Tocaya (“Tocaya”).
Tocaya respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to helping third parties protect their rights. Users are prohibited from posting content that violates another party’s intellectual property rights. Unless otherwise stated, this Site and all content within this site are the property of Tocaya and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
By using this Site, you agree that you will not use any devices, software or automated programs such as spiders, crawlers or robots to systematically index, aggregate, download, harvest or re-publish any of its content or information.
If you believe that a user of Tocaya has infringed upon your copyright rights, please provide Tocaya with a notice of copyright infringement in compliance with § 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Once Tocaya receives a notice of copyright infringement in compliance with § 512, we will act with commercial reasonableness to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. Tocaya will also make a good faith attempt to notify the owner or uploader of the allegedly infringing content. The owner or uploader may respond to Tocaya with a counter-notification if they believe the content subject to a notice of copyright infringement was not infringing any intellectual property rights.
The notice of copyright infringement must be compliant with § 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and must also contain the following:
- The physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) alleged to have been infringed;
- The location of the copyrighted work(s) on the Site;
- Your contact information, such as an address, telephone, fax number, or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing content is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Conversely, if you are a Site user that believes that content subject to a notice of copyright infringement is not actually infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. The counter-notification must contain the following:
- Identification of the specific materials that have been removed from the Site;
- Your contact information, such as an address, telephone, fax number, or email address;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court in which your address is located or, if you are outside of the US, that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal courts located in California;
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the notifying party; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Notifications of copyright infringement and counter-notifications may be submitted to:
Brian A. Hall
Traverse Legal, PLC
810 Cottageview Dr., Ste. G-20
Traverse City, MI 49684
With a copy e-mailed to email@example.com
- Intellectual Property Ownership
Except for any PII and User Content (subject to the rights granted to Tocaya with respect thereto), you provide to Tocaya via the Service, you agree that Tocaya owns all rights, title and interest in and to all other content included in any and all parts of the Service, and that all trademarks, service marks, trade names, brand names, logos and other source identifiers related thereto or included therein (“Marks“) that appear on or in connection with any Products or any part of the Service are exclusively the property of Tocaya and its affiliates, licensors (including Tocaya) or licensees, as applicable. You are not authorized to use any Marks in any manner other than as expressly permitted in writing by Tocaya.
- Term; Termination
These Terms will remain effective unless and until terminated by either you or Tocaya. You may terminate these Terms at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use the Service, or when you cease using the Service. If, in our sole judgment, you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms Tocaya may suspend your ability to use the any or all parts of the Service or may terminate these Terms, in our sole discretion, effective immediately, with or without notice to you. Upon termination of these Terms, your right to use the Service will automatically terminate immediately. Tocaya will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any such suspension or termination. All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of these Terms, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers and limitation of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL PARTS OF THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TOCAYA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TOCAYA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY PRODUCTS YOU OBTAIN THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE ARE OBTAINED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND TOCAYA MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY DEALINGS WITH OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO WITH ANY OTHER PARTIES THROUGH THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM TOCAYA OR OTHERWISE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT PERMIT LIMITATIONS ON OR DISCLAIMERS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THAT EVENT, THE DISCLAIMERS SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitations of Liability
YOU UNDERSTAND AGREE THAT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL TOCAYA OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY GIFT CARDS, VIA THE SERVICE OR ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF TOCAYA TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY GIFT CARDS, VIA THE SERVICE OR ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 10 REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK AGREED UPON AS REASONABLE BY THE PARTIES AND THAT THE PARTIES WOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY INCLUDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT WE MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, LIMIT OR EXCLUDE OUR LIABILITY, THE EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW..
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Tocaya and its agents, employees, representatives, licensors, affiliates, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) resulting or arising from any third-party claim based upon or arising in connection with (a) your use of or access to the Service; (b) any information you submit or transmit through the Service, including any User Content; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of any rights of any third party in connection with your use of the Service; or (e) any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, spyware, or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines input by you into the Service.
- Arbitration Agreement; Class Waiver; Waiver of Trial by Jury
Please read the terms of this Section 12 (this “Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It is part of your contract with Tocaya and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, A CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND A WAIVER OF TRIAL BY JURY.
(a) Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. Except as otherwise specifically provided in Paragraph (n) of this Arbitration Agreement, any dispute, controversy, or claim, whether at law or equity, arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms and use of the Service or Products that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court, including the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of these Terms and the determination of the scope or applicability of this Arbitration Agreement, shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and Tocaya, and to any of your or Tocaya’s subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under these Terms.
(b) Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before any party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (a “Notice“) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. Such Notice shall be sufficient if sent by via e-mail or by mail. Any Notice to Tocaya shall be sent to either firstname.lastname@example.org or 1201 W. 5th Street Suite T-400, Los Angeles, CA 90017. After Notice is received, you and Tocaya may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and Tocaya do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) calendar days after such Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding.
(c) Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be administered by ADR Services, Inc. (“ADR Services”) and held before a sole arbitrator. The arbitration shall be binding with no right of appeal. The arbitration shall be conducted pursuant to the ADR Services’ Arbitration Rules. The arbitration shall be commenced by filing a demand for arbitration with the administrator of ADR Services and serving the demand on the responding party. Upon receipt of the demand for arbitration, ADR Services will send a “Commencement Letter” acknowledging receipt of the demand. The responding party may file a response and/or a counter-claim within fifteen (15) calendar days after receipt of the demand. If no response is filed, all allegations of the demand shall be deemed denied. The parties shall select an arbitrator by mutual agreement through ADR Services within thirty (30) calendar days after the date the demand for arbitration was filed. If the parties are unable to agree on the selection of an arbitrator within such time, the administrator of ADR Services shall select an independent arbitrator pursuant to the procedures set forth in the ADR Services Arbitration Rules, Paragraph 11. The costs of arbitration, including the arbitrator’s fees, shall be borne equally by the parties to the arbitration, unless required under applicable law, otherwise ordered by the arbitrator, or agreed upon by the parties. The parties to this Arbitration Agreement further agree to abide by any award rendered by the arbitrator. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may otherwise be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must serve Tocaya’s registered agent for service of process: Registered Agent Solutions, Inc., 1220 S ST STE 150, SACRAMENTO, CA 95811. Arbitration will take place in Los Angeles, California; provided, however, that the arbitrator may cause the arbitration to take place (a) in another location agreed to by both parties, or (b) in another location which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances.
(d) Additional Rules for Non-appearance Based Arbitration. To the extent permitted by the ADR Services Arbitration Rules, if non-appearance arbitration is elected by both parties, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, and/or based solely on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration, and the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties or required by the ADR Services Arbitration Rules.
(e) Time Limits. If you or Tocaya pursue arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim).
(f) Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Tocaya. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, ADR Services Arbitration Rules, and this Arbitration Agreement. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and Tocaya.
(g) Waiver of Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient, and less costly than an action in court and are subject to very limited review by a court.
(h) Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS. UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CLASS, MASS, CONSOLIDATED, COMBINED, OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS, ARBITRATIONS, OR PROCEEDINGS AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ARE NOT PERMITTED. CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
(i) Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by applicable law. This Paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Arbitration Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
(j) Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under applicable law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of this Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
(l) Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Tocaya.
(m) Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Arbitration Agreement, either you or Tocaya may bring an individual action in small claims court.
(n) Claims Not Subject To Arbitration. Notwithstanding the anything to the contrary contained in this Arbitration Agreement, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall not be subject to this arbitration agreement.
(o) Courts. In the event any litigation should arise between you and Tocaya in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, or in any circumstances where this Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit for such purpose to venue in and the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Los Angeles County, California.
- Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. Tocaya and you also agree to apply The California Arbitration Act (“CAA”) which regulates private arbitration in California. See Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 1280 et seq.
- Notice. Where Tocaya requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Tocaya with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Tocaya is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required or permitted by these Terms, Tocaya’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Tocaya only at the following address: Tocaya Organica, LLC d/b/a Tocaya, 1201 West 5th Street, Suite T-400, Los Angeles, California 90017, with a copy to email@example.com. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Tocaya by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
- Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of these Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer any part of the Service or any Products except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained such Products or such Service, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, no Product and no part of the Service may not be exported or re-exported (i) into any United States embargoed countries, or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that (A) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (B) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Service or any Products for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Company are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer any Products or any part of the Service or any other technology of Tocaya, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Tocaya use electronic means, whether you visit the Service or send Tocaya e-mails, or whether Tocaya posts notices on any part of the Service or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (i) consent to receive communications from Tocaya in an electronic form; and (ii) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Tocaya provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- Release. You hereby release Tocaya, its affiliates and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of the Service, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of these Terms or your use of the Service. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
- Assignment. The Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Tocaya’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. All or any of Tocaya’s rights and obligations hereunder may be assigned to a subsequent owner or operator of this App in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of Tocaya’s assets.
- Force Majeure. Tocaya shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, failures of the internet or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions or complaints with respect to the Site, Service, or Products provided by Tocaya, please contact us by writing to: Tocaya Organica, LLC. d/b/a Tocaya, 1201 West 5th Street, Suite T-400, Los Angeles, California 90017, with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
- Consumer Complaints. In accordance with California Civil Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Entire Agreement. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.